Qualification up grade?!!
  • Good evening, I've been working with children since I was 14, and have a Btec national diploma in early years, I've worked in nurseries (as both nursery nurse, key worker, senco, room leader and as a deputy manager) . I then married and moved to Germany (husband is British Army) again was deputy manager in a nursery here, then went on to have my daughter and am now pregnant with my son. Once back in the UK next year I want to go back into child care, but have heard my qualification will be defect?? is this true?! How do I upgrade?! can I start to upgrade my qualification whilst here in Germany now or do I need to be based in a setting?! I would like to look into going down the special requirements route as well. And am no stranger to studying, as whilst I've been "just a stay at home mum" , I have done my health and social care level 4 as well as my mental health level 4.....just to keep the brain ticking :-D
    Any information, and pointers in the right direction would be gratefully received :-)
  • Hi Mrs KP

    There is lots of confusion about this because of new, more stringent rules on GCSE grades needed by people taking the new EYE qualification (minimum grade C for English and maths). If it is that which you are referring to, the answer is no, you don't have to upgrade. I have this direct from the DfE yesterday:
    'Staff holding existing qualifications will still be able to practice. The new requirements [over entry rules for EYE] will not be applied to qualifications retrospectively. This will ensure that practitioners already holding qualifications are not disadvantaged by the changes.'

    hope this helps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!